Friday, April 28, 2006

Kana Iriya - Iriya no Sora UFO no Natsu

I watched this short OVA called Iriya no Sora UFO no Natsu (Sky of Iriya, Summer of UFO) a few months back. It's only 6 episodes but I totally loved it. The story is more of a serious romantic genre rather than the usual comedy/romance anime. Anyway, there's a figure of Iriya (the usual 1/8 PVC) which came out in January this year by Chara-ani for about 5040 yen. I really like the purple colour scheme on her as well as her red eyes. The front part of her hair looks abit funny though.

The OVA is based on a short novel and I managed to find a detailed summary of the 4 volumes:
Volume 1
Volume 2
Volume 3
Volume 4


I love the OP of the OVA and I manage to get the single. It's called "Forever Blue" and sung by Imai Chihiro and the tune and the lyrics suit the story really well. I couldn't find any translation of the lyrics on the internet so I had to copy it from the actual anime but they didn't have the last verse. The romaji text is taken from www.corichan.com.



Forever Blue
Lyrics & music: Matsuura Yuuki
Romaji by: cori
Thanks to rageguy for the lyric scan & song. ^^
From the single, Forever Blue

kanashimi ni tamesareru tabi sukoshi zutsu tsuyoku natteku
Each time I face the trials of sadness, I grow stronger, step by step.
arifureta mainichi no naka yume no tsudzuki oikakete
In the midst of everyday life, I pursue the results of my dream.

arukitsukarete miageta sora fukaku dokomademo Blue
Tired from walking, I look up at the sky, The sky that falls deeply onto the earth.
chippoke na jibun dakishimete soredemo susundeku
I embrace my small existance, but still walk on.

anata ni aitai egao wo tsutaetai
I want to meet with you, i want to show you my smile too.
anata ga iru kara hikari ga umareru no
Because you are here with me, light dawns upon us.

haruka naru yasashii shirabe tooi 宇宙(sora) koete todoku no
To reach that faraway, serene landmark, we must cross over the distant skies.
mune no oku kakegae no nai amai itami michite yuku
Filling the depths of our dreams, with irreplaceable sweet agony.

mimi wo sumaseba kikoeru koe sotto mezameteku Truth
aimai na kokoro nugisutete massugu kakedasou

motomeau omoi ga hitotsu ni naru toki
kotoba ni dekinai itoshisa afureteku

kizutsuita kisetsu wa yagate eien no natsu ni kawaru no
nukumori wo tsunaide ite ne zutto soba de mitsumeteru

kanashimi tamesareru tabi sukoshi zutsu tsuyoku natteku
daijoubu mamoritsudzuketai daiji na mono mitsuketa no




top

iriya7

iriya5

iriya_2

HOB-FIG-2903_01

HOB-FIG-2903_03

HOB-FIG-2903_04

HOB-FIG-2903_02




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home