Musha Keroro Bandai
Name: Musha Keroro
Anime: Keroro Gunsou
Released date: February 2008
Started: 4th March 08
Completed: 23rd March 08
I started the Musha Keroro when I was waiting for the paint to dry on the SD Perfect Gundam. As a result, it took me a few weeks to get this kit done. This is the first kit that I decided to do puttying and sanding. I also tried the silver-clear colour technique to get the metallic look.
Here are the steps:
1) Cut and test assemble.
4) Wash off the dust.
5) Airbrush light green and green on body and helmet (with masking for the hand armours).
6) Airbrush pink (white+red) and yellow, on mouth and the star on the body. Clean off excess paint with alcohol since I didn't do masking. Do the same for the eyes.
7) Airbrush beam saber with fluorescent pink and then white for the handle and shading.
8) Mask the gold on the helmet and armour. Use Tamiya masking tape and a sharp cutter. Airbrush silver. Wait and then followed with clear yellow.
9) Mask the parts for the red-pink (red+white) on the helmet and armour. Airbrush and handbrush the 'V' on the armour.
10) Hand-brush black on the helmet and the two small gold rings. Hand-brush the yellow star on armour.
11) Touch up small mistakes with hand-brushing.
Take a look at some official photos and similar Keroro kits by Bandai here. I guess my Musha Keroro isn't too bad compared to theirs!
SD Gundams and Keroro madness!
I guess the Musha Keroro is based on a Keroro Gunsou movie. You can definitely see the Gundam inflence in the armour. The challenging part of the kit was to paint the gold on the armour. Airbrush or hand-brush?
Nice and simple kit.
Printed on the instructions, is a short manga.
On another slip is some advertisement for Keroro goods.
This is the new Keroro game for the NDS; Chou Gekijou Ban Keroro Gunsou 3 - Action Tenkuu Daibouken de Arimasu! I played and finished it a few days ago. Really fun game.
I used 2-part epoxy putty to fill in the gaps and then sanded with a needle file and sand paper (350, 600, 800, 1000 grit). I filled in the back of the 'horns' as well.
After airbrushing in green. No gap lines could be seen.
The masking took ages for the gold on the armour and helmet. The yellow gold colour was achieved by airbrushing with silver followed by clear yellow. The silver on the horns was hand-brushed, giving a cast-iron texture. The yellow star on the armour and the black on the helmet were handbrushed.
I used a black artist marker to do the panel lines. They became 'blocked' after a while- I guess due to the paint pigments- so had to clean the tips with alcohol. The pens had less problems with gloss colours than matt ones.
This is what it looks like without painting. Looks pretty OK for a toy.