Monday, May 28, 2007

Revoltech EVA-02 and EVA-05 Mass Production Kaiyodo


Name: Revoltech EVA-02 Movie Version and EVA-05 Mass Production
Anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion
Company: Kaiyodo
Released: May 2007
Added to collection: May 2007

I wasn't too interested in the earlier Evangelion units of the Revoltech series which were released last year. I already have EVA-00 and EVA-02 by Kaiyodo in really cool metallic colours (see here) but when I saw that Kaiyodo was going to release the EVA mass production Revoltech, I knew I had to get them. One of the most memorable scenes in the Evangelion movie is where Asuka's EVA-02 fought against those ugly mass production units. Their cool wings and the trade-mark smirk on their faces really made these guys a true bad-ass. I also got myself the EVA-02 so that the mass production unit won't get too lonely.

The Revoltech joints are incredible and you can pose the EVAs in any ways you like without them falling over. The bad side about these two is that they look very very 'plasticky'- but hey, who's complaining since they are very cheap. Kaiyodo also released an exclusive Mass Production unit with weapons and other bits and pieces (like damaged heads). I really wanted the Lance of Longinus but no way I'm going to fork out more cash to by another unit just to get it. Damn Kaiyodo for being greedy.

See also:
Eva Mass Production WIKIPEDIA



DSCN1486

DSCN1485

DSCN1481

DSCN1477

DSCN1478

DSCN1480

DSCN1472

DSCN1473

DSCN1471

DSCN1469

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHIT ! The Photos are DAMN Awsome ! Gosh i really wanna get one Eva-02 (Ova Ver.) Which is my Favourite eva unit + One harpie! Your phototaking skills are awsome ! O_O , Please send me more picture if you can to smartzizo@yahoo.com Of both the eva's , And the boxes ! ^^ I am a huge evangelion collector just got my eva hats and nerv mouse i really want to see more pictures and dioramas of the both units !

29/5/07 12:07 AM  
Blogger Cloud said...

sorry i don't have many more photos- i just did a quick photo shoot few days ago and these are the best ones. i'll try to get a photo of the boxes but i'm a tad bit busy with research at the moment.

29/5/07 6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is some great poses and photo of your evas. I can see that you make a big jump in photography skill ever since your Virgo Shaka post.

Keep it up!

31/5/07 11:33 AM  
Blogger Cloud said...

thanks man! but there's still so much for me to improve on.

31/5/07 11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm curious about your EVA-05 Mass Prod's production. Is it made in China or Japan? Do you still have the box and could you post a pic?

Reason being is that I saw on eBay a Revoltech #26, #27, #28 combo sale but the boxes look a bit different from the one sold by Hobby Search and TMP Anime.

Cheers.

26/8/07 9:52 AM  
Blogger Cloud said...

couldn't find the boxes. i think they're made in china though- all figures are made in china, as a general rule.
you can check HLJ: http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Maker1=KYD&MacroType=ActFig&GenreCode=Sci&Dis=2

26/8/07 10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok cheers mate.

26/8/07 12:47 PM  
Blogger yasser anas said...

Nice pic man!!! The Unit 02 and the Mass production unit looks awesome!!!

11/11/07 3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are some kick ass pix! i have a question tho....i have the same unit 05 revoltech model but can't seem to get the wings attached...can you help me? or know someone who can?

4/1/08 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home