Sunday, February 04, 2007

1/8 Belldandy Casual Dress Version Kotobukiya

Name: Belldandy
Anime: Ah! My Goddess! (Aah Megami-sama!)
Company: Kotobukiya
Price: 5040 Yen
Released: August 2006
Added to collection: August 2006

This is a really beautiful figure of Belldandy from Ah! My Goddess! (or Aah Megami-sama!) in 1/8 PVC by Kotobukiya. There aren't many Belldandy PVCs out there- probably due to the decreasing popularity of Ah! My Goddess!- which is a pity really since I think that Belldandy is one of my favourite characters.

Her pose is dynamic (and you know how I like to see 'movements' in figures) with her in a spinning pose. Mmmm.... on the second thought, not sure whether she's spinning or it's because of the wind. Anyway, the way her hair swirls and how her dress is raised a little really captures the movement well. The dress was well-sculpted with good attention to the details. Her dress is quite simple. A double-layer dress with a sailor-suit-like collars. It suits Belldandy - something which isn't too extravagant but beautiful. It's made from 5 pieces; arms x2, collars, main dress, and the 2nd layer. The mold-lines running down each side of her dress aren't too visible coz it blends in with the blue colour.

Her swirling hair is really complex and it's made from a few bits. However, they should've made a few of strands of her hair finer which would make it look more natural.

It's been a while since I've touched this blog. I'll try to work on it a bit more frequent in future. I also haven't done a photoshoot session for a long time - need to buy a new lamp coz the current one isn't bright enough. There's like a long line of figures waiting for me to add them to the blog but I have a feeling it's gonna be a while till I'm up to date.

See also:
Belldandy 1/8 Kotobukiya
1/8 Belldandy Kotobukiya Update



DSCN0614

DSCN0617

DSCN0624

DSCN0626

DSCN0633

DSCN0635

DSCN0636

DSCN0640

DSCN0641

DSCN0645

DSCN0649

DSCN0652

DSCN0662

DSCN0664

DSCN0666

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one is very cute, but the more recent one is so beautiful ! Are u thinking maybe to add it to your collection? AH MY GODDESS EVERYONE HAS WINGS BELLDANDY

24/1/08 11:59 PM  
Blogger Cloud said...

already got that one in my display shelf! hehe

25/1/08 1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home