Sunday, June 17, 2007

Yamato's Sonsaku and EVA Portraits 2 by Bandai


OK, I seriously need to stop spending money on figurines. I blew tonnes of cash the past week and I doubt I'll be buying anything else for the next 2-3 months (I hope). Ng's Collection was having a sale at China Square Central so it was too tempting to pass over. After finishing off work at the lab, I went to CSC and got myself Yamato's Sonsaku and Evangelion Portraits 2 by Bandai which has finally arrived. Yamato did a good job on Sonsaku and I wasn't at all disappointed. I also placed a pre-order on the upcoming Sonsaku by Griffon (the cast-off one!) which should be coming in August.

See also:
Sonsaku Hakufu (Sitting) Yamato Preview


DSCN1544

DSCN1555

DSCN1573

DSCN1575

DSCN1556

DSCN1569

DSCN1558

DSCN1560

DSCN1561

DSCN1563

DSCN1567


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hakufu is not bad quite nice looking, the base is reflective ?
the EVA Portraits 2 also quite good, looks quite detailed

18/6/07 1:10 PM  
Blogger Cloud said...

yeah, it's reflective, made from acrylic.

18/6/07 5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw the 1/5 scale Ayanami Rei. very tempting as well. XD

any reason why u giving that one a pass?

18/6/07 6:39 PM  
Blogger Cloud said...

yep, saw the 1/5 rei by alter as well. a pretty valid reason why i didn't buy her; I already have her sitting on my shelf since last year! hehe.

18/6/07 6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the Sonsaku Figure sculpting but then all PVC is plague by the shinny skin tone.

As for the photos, I hope you can spend some time to re-take your photos like those in your 3 previous posts. It look nicer that way. ^-^

19/6/07 2:34 PM  
Blogger Cloud said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

19/6/07 3:53 PM  
Blogger Cloud said...

yeah, i should do a photo shoot soon. i've been playing on my DS so haven't got the chance to do it.

usually i don't buy yamato's PVCs coz of the 'shiny skin' but the sonsaku isn't too bad. i think there's a general improvement in the past year on the skin of pvc figures.

19/6/07 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home